If you are someone who takes a keen interest in anything food-related, chances are that you are a fan of Adam Richman and his gastronomically enthralling show, Man Vs Food as well. Whereas shows like Masterchef and Kitchen nightmares deal with culinary excellence and the commercial aspects of running a restaurant business respectively, Man Vs Food pushes the boundaries of food shows and takes them to the next level.
Here, we will be taking a look at 10 absolutely shocking Man Vs Food challenges ever, and briefly ponder on the facts of what made the challenge shocking or mind-blowing. If you are someone who enjoys dabbling in the culinary world or aspires to run a restaurant someday or the other, you should certainly try out simulation games that would give you first-hand exposure to how the industry actually works. So, let’s start.
The 10 absolutely shocking Man Vs Food Challenges ever
When talking about crazy and shocking food challenges, 10 wouldn’t suffice as the entire show revolves around the concept of shocking, amazing, surprising. But among all that we come across on this show, ten of the most shocking challenges that we ever got to witness on our TVs are as follows.
- Hot wings challenge- This is a challenge that you wouldn’t even wish your enemies with. Loaded with the spiciest ghost chilli extract there is, these chicken wings managed to bring down even a stalwart like Adam Richman. This extreme challenge was held at Munchies 420 Cafe and forced Richman to gulp down a large quantity of milk to keep him from passing out. It was learned later on that the chef had decided to pour an entire bottle of ghost chilli, thus the coma-inducing spice and heat. Being one of the hottest dishes on the show ever, it takes the first spot on our list of the 10 absolutely shocking Man Vs Food challenges ever.
- Dagwood challenge- While undertaking this mammoth challenge at the Ohio Deli in Columbus, Adam Richman realised how important it was to have a match strategy. This behemoth of a sandwich, accompanied by a pound of fries, really stretched Adam to his limits and proved to be one of the most popular shows that the series ever featured.
- The 72-ounce steak- If steaks are your thing, then this is a challenge that you just cannot afford to miss out on. As they say, everything is bigger in Texas, and Amarillo Texas took that adage a bit too seriously. This massive 72-ounce steak even came accompanied by shrimp cocktails, dinner rolls, and salad. But here’s the surprising part, Adam not only completed the challenge but also managed to do that in under 30 minutes, which is a feat in itself if you ask us. This mammoth quantity and Adam’s efficiency with the steak earn this challenge a spot on our list of the 10 absolutely shocking man Vs food challenges ever.
- Hellfire Wings- Ever heard of the dreaded Hellfire missiles, well, this is the culinary equivalent of that missile. Served up by Smoke eaters in San Jose, these wings are coated in six ounces of habanero spices, thereby ensuring that these wings are nothing less than the explosive itself. Unfortunately, Aman failed to win this challenge, and this remains one of the most extreme challenges in Man Vs Food ever.
- The Gigante- Burritos are a favourite the world over, and Sweet P’s BBQ decided to take this much-loved food to the next level. Enters the four-pounder burrito, and its sidekicks. But here’s the really interesting part, Adam managed to finish off the entire burrito and its accomplices within the stipulated time period, thereby going on to become the first person ever to achieve victory in this challenge.
- Hawaiian Mac Daddy Pancake- When someone mentions the name “Hawaii”, the first things that come to our mind are the pristine beaches, lit parties, and historical scenes. But Adam Richman had something else on his mind when he and the rest of the team flew out to this archipelago. The Hawaiian Mac Daddy Pancake challenge, hosted by Mac 24-7 Honolulu, is one of the most difficult challenges that Adam has ever faced, and needless to say, he ended up hitting a wall of syrup before he could finish this challenge. It is rumoured that the success rate of this challenge is less than 1%. If you want to take in the experience of running a restaurant like Mac 24-7, you can do so now through simulation games.
- 15-Dozen Club- Acme Oyster House in New Orleans had this amazing idea of turning the heat on the oysters and decided to come up with a challenge that featured having to gorge on a mind-boggling 180 oysters within a stipulated time frame. Well, Adam Richman proved to be the perfect person for the job and ended up becoming an exclusive member of the 15-Dozen Club.
- Kodiak arrest- While visiting the Alaskan wilderness, if you want to enjoy some of the best delicacies there are, you should certainly take the Kodiak arrest challenge at Humpy’s in Anchorage. Quite amazingly, Adam Richman became the first person to ever finish this challenge and scripted history upon finishing it.
- The Kitchen sink- If you have a sweet tooth, then this is a challenge that you would certainly love. Feasting on a massive tub of ice cream is something that is certainly bound to induce a sugar shock, something that Adam Richman countered with fries, and managed to finish the challenge successfully.
- Spicy tuna rolls- This extreme tuna challenge is unique in the way that it features several heat rounds before one can move on to the final round, and Adam is someone who cruised through all these rounds to become one of the esteemed winners of this challenge.
Man Vs Food is a show that is relished the world over, and has successfully garnered a large fan following, and Adam Richman is an absolute star when it comes to anything food. If you are looking to experience this culinary journey first-hand as well, we suggest that you try out restaurant simulation games, something that would give you a first-hand experience of what goes on behind the doors.